Friday, September 24, 2010

What are you storing for barter?

We all need to store a broad range of items such as food, water, clothing, first aid supplies, etc.  We all know that we can't store everything we might need during a disaster.  For one thing we don't know exactly what we will need in any given situation so we must be prepared to barter for those things that we don't have.  What would be the best things to store for barter?  During past disasters and riots the first things to disappear off of the store shelves were cigarettes, liquor and disposable diapers of all things.  Maybe I am too old or have been studying for too long what to store for my family but those would not be the first three things on my mind. I think that food, water and toilet paper would be the first things I would want to run to the store for in an emergency.  Other items that would be great for barter is matches, bleach, sanitary napkins, garbage bags as well as any food item.  When you are making your preparations remember to add a few barter items.  Please post your ideas on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. I think that clothes could be used for barter. They eventually wear out in any case, but in cold climates they could turn out to be a really valuable barter item...I have heard that aluminum foil disappears really quickly, as well.

    ReplyDelete